Friday, March 12, 2010

A Topic Near and Dear to My Heart: Adoption

Okay,

So the topic of adoption isn't really disability related; although I've seen more and more stories and blogs about people adopting children with disabilities as part of building a family. Disability or not, adoption gives people an amazing opportunity- sharing love with those who've never truly experienced it. Growing up, this has always been a part of my plan, whether I have children of my own or not.

Reading this story reminds me why...

See for Yourself !
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_14516591#ixzz0hJg6Rwm6

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Hello Debbie!

Lots to talk about in that regard!

(I don't normally talk in exclamation marks, only when I get excited. I try to follow Elmore Leonard's rule about exclamation marks in every 10,000 words).

Would love to sit down and read the Denver Post article.

I think you'll find that a lot of people share that same dream.

Many of the people are already teenagers or just post-teen.

Related Posts with Thumbnails