Monday, March 7, 2022

Music Monday: " She Used To Be Mine" by Sara Bareilles

Music Monday: " She Used To Be Mine" by Sara Bareilles

As most of you know, American Idol is celebrating its 20th year on  television. I know you probably looked at my last post, which highlighted another contestant on the show, Cole Hallman and his sister. Today, I would like to highlight Nicolina Buzzo's song version. It touched me because I wonder if I'm going into the person God intends me to be

I know that theme from Waitress isn't an obvious choice, but it shows how imperfect we are as in this world. But, wait…. Didn't God change all of that because of the work he did for us on the cross? The simple is yes.

God changed us from the inside out. Our experiences in this world continue to shape us, and we are different people because of God's transforming work on the cross. That doesn't mean this life will be an easy one; after all, John 16:33 says, "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Yesterday, our pastor continued his series on spiritual warfare, reminding us that though we are in this world, we are not of this world. Yes, we are still human and prone to give in to temptations daily; that's why God says it's important to stay alert and put on the suit of armor he gave us to protect ourselves. Every component of God's armor plays a vital role, and they don't do well independently. For more information on the armor of God, see Ephesians 6:11.

But there's good news; we aren't alone in the battle. I God is fighting for us and alongside us. He knows we will continue to struggle with this on this side of heaven. We won't be perfect until we are taken up to be with Him in heaven and given our new bodies.

To listen to Sara Bareilles' song, it can be accessed here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53GIADHxVzM

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails