Monday, June 6, 2022

Music Monday: "See Me Through It " by Brandon Heath

 Music Monday: "See Me Through It " by Brandon Heath

         Welcome Back, Everyone~

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Memorial day! Mine certainly was with a visit from one of my college friends and their family from Pennsylvania. They just happened to be visiting the Shenandoah Valley and wondered if they would be able to stop in on their way back to say hello. It was completely unexpected and was a wonderful start to a busy week

         I wish I could tell you that the rest of my week went just as well- but it didn't. I struggled in my efforts to write something with the music choice (above) in mind. I felt as if I had nothing new left to say. But then I am reminded that God gave me the talent of writing for a purpose, so I might as well use it.

         With news of the recent shootings and all the negativity in the media, it's no wonder we find ourselves shaking our heads and struggling to make sense of the tragedies that take place. (At least I do.) These events should serve as sobering reminders to not take life for granted. As Christians, it speaks to our mission -sharing God's love with others and the human body's frailty. That's why I felt it was more important than ever that I examine the characteristic of perseverance.

Webster-Merriam defines perseverance as "[the] continued effort to do or achieve something despite difficulties, failures or opposition." The entry continues by explaining that the trait of persevering requires steadfastness to the task. According to the Baker Encyclopedia of the Bible, Old Testament Israel had to wait years for the fulfillment of promises which many believers never lived to see. However, the promise to Abraham sustained hope for the journey, when waning of the initial zeal prevented many from entering the promised land was never forgotten.”

In much the same way, we must wait on the Lord even in difficult times. We must remember our true purpose and potential to make an eternal impact on those around us. Brandon Heath's song reminds us that we are not alone no matter what we are going through, and God will "see us through."

 Many Christians believe that this means God will immediately eliminate the obstacles in our lives. In some cases, he does; in others, he doesn't. In James, the author writes about how trials are an essential ingredient to producing perseverance. It begins by urging Christians to "consider it to pure joy" when encountering trials because, in the end, they know what it has the potential to produce. He finishes his train of thought by urging them to let it do its job, as James writes in verse 4, "Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything….”

 

 

To listen to Brandon Heath's song, it can be accessed here:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8anLMKB9N8

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails