Monday, July 18, 2011

Does Working Really Matter?

It sounds like a funny question...

But is it really?


I mean, I can't tell how many times I find myself saying "I can't believe it's Monday already" after a great weekend.


Sad to say, but I too am only human-prone to the same thoughts and feelings as most people. That being said, I was enlightened by a recent sermon at my church entitled "Work Matters". In it, our pastor not only examines the monetary benefits of working, but the long-term benefits as it pertains to our Christian walk. Whether we know it or not, our work says a lot about who we are, what we believe and how we live.

In short, he told us that our work has the 3 W's.



  1. Worth-not only in a modern sense, but everything we do stores us treasures in heaven. Remember, even Jesus was a servant.. "... Whatever you do for the least of these, you do for Me"

  2. Our work is an act of worship. If you take a look at Ephesians 6:5-9, we should not only submit to our masters, but do so knowing that when we do, we are not only submitting to our earthly "Masters" (bosses) but to God as well.

  3. Witness-In every sense of the word, our work can be a witness as to our Christian walk. Are we obedient to our bosses? Do we have integrity in our work? (Colossians 3: 22; Titus 2:9 or Ephesians 6:6). Not only that, how we deal with conflict says a lot about us too. Take for example Titus 2:9

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails