Friday, July 30, 2021

Faithful Friday: In Honor Of the Olympics

 Welcome Back Readers~

Okay, so this past week worked out nothing as I planned. But you know what people say, “Men make plans, God laughs” or something like that. The truth is, I have been dealing with some stomach issues, and we have no idea what may be causing them; I don’t go out much, so it can’t be anything that’s going around. My mom wonders if it could be stress-related, having to post something three times a week. Honestly, I’m beginning to wonder myself. Still, I will keep going in the meantime - until I figure something out. In the end, I may try backing down to two times a week on the blog, so it would be helpful if you started thinking about which two themes you want me to keep. I will say it’s a lot to do keeping everything straight.

You probably have guessed there’s no special interview for today’s “Faithful Friday”-something has come up, and it is postponed again. But I promise you it is coming. In the meantime, I thought I’d do something in honor of the Olympics. For as long as I can remember, I have been fascinated with women’s gymnastics and swimming; their ability to tumble and fly through the air amazes me. If I were able, I have no doubt in my mind that I’d be in gymnastics myself. Still, the commitment it takes to go to the gym five times a week and practice the sport blows my mind. Having two nieces in swimming, I get a little glimpse into the kind of commitment and skill it takes.

I can’t imagine the kind of pressure the Women’s Gymnastics team was under Monday morning, having to cope without their team leader Simone Biles. Even still, the team was able to pull it together and win silver. A very nice performance. But I do feel for Simone and whatever she is feeling. I can’t imagine traveling to Tokyo to showcase your talent and have something happen to doubt yourself. Of course, many would say, “Simone should have gone ahead anyway.” But if you’re not yourself, doing stunts can be dangerous; you need focus and confidence. So I think she did the right thing in eliminating herself from the competition. In doing this, she not only saved herself from potential injury but kept her team’s overall score in mind - falls that would mean the deductions, and she wasn’t willing to risk it.

Still, I hope to see Simone Biles back in action sometime soon. The world of gymnastics won’t be the same without her. At any rate, I came across this article about gymnastics from a biblical perspective, and I thought I would share it with you. The amount of pressure these athletes are under is tremendous, but we must remember they are still just humans prone to the same mistakes as we are. No one is perfect; only God is. Here’s the article if you want to read it:

 

https://thinkchristian.net/the-imperfect-grace-of-olympic-gymnasts?utm_campaign=TC_GeneralCampaign&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=144159953&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8PN33aFoX9mLBdbi3ZxhTmogjZ0SGII7ofbkLEPL0fmOncsPDtcfG7n70Kf045MosIUDTToSR0X9HKL-YkeZnEaRpYOHp_YfsblPaAARnXz13e17Y&utm_content=144159953&utm_source=hs_email

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails