Friday, July 23, 2021

Faithful Friday: Nick V's story

  Welcome Back Readers~

Over the past couple of weeks, I have tried to post new and inspiring articles/blogs that pertain to the three distinct themes I have introduced over the summer. As you may recall, I mentioned the idea of highlighting real people (close friends) who are determined to make a difference in today’s society no matter what the cost. I still plan to continue the idea next week by interviewing someone you and I both know and love. Maybe if you’re lucky, I will post some hints about who it is and hold a game of some sort for the winner.

In the meantime, I do have something somewhat new planned for you on this “Faithful Friday.” Many of you already know I hold a special place in my heart for people with disabilities who refuse to let their limitations stop them from accomplishing their dreams. One such gentleman is Nick Vujicic; for those not familiar with his story, let me give you a quick summary. Born in Melbourne, Australia, in 1982, doctors had no idea that the birth would be nothing but extraordinary. Despite having three sonograms, nothing prepared them for what was to come. You see, there will boy was born without arms and legs. Doctors cannot come up with any medical reason for his disability; so the family did their best to cope- refusing to treat Nick any less than normal because of his limitations. They were determined to treat him just like any normal kid. School, however, was a different story. Nick was bullied because of his disability. As time went on, he began questioning his reason for living, even to the point of trying to take his own life at one point. But after visualizing his parents at his grave, Nick has second thoughts.

And look what God has done in his life. Today, Nick is a speaker, an avid advocate for anti-bullying campaigns, and writer of several books. He is a husband and father to two boys-having never gave  up the hope of being married someday

That being said, I came across this YouTube talk he did surely after being married that talked about this idea of faith and never giving up hope. I thought I would take a minute to share with you

youtube.com/watch?v=6P2nPI6CTlc 

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails