Monday, April 11, 2022

Music Monday: "Be Alright" by Evan Craft, Danny Gokey, and Redimi2


 Music Monday: "Be Alright" by Evan Craft, Danny Gokey, and Redimi2

If you've been following me lately, you've seen what our family has been through lately; this weekend,  God "allowed" more to be added to our plate. I won't burden you with everything, except to mention a few of them. For starters, my dad's arm pain has gotten increasingly worse to the point where we're both wondering if surgery will be in his future. To make matters worse, our dog Holly has woken us all up at 2 AM each morning with a stomach ache; these last few days have been a virtual writing conference for me. My mom has taken her to the vet,  and there's no clear cause yet. We are hoping she returns to normal without anything further.

Even so, I enjoyed the "Greater Things" conference. The speakers taught various subjects, from writing articles and devotionals to marketing our books. It was nice "meeting" people in the same boat as I am- just trying to live God's purpose before us of writing for His Glory.

 No matter what genre you are writing, it's tricky to get into this business. It's tough because it is so subjective- you are trying to make your story relatable to a broader audience to point to Jesus Christ. We want everyone to get the chance to experience a true spiritual transformation like the one we've had as a writer; granted, it won't always be the electric mountaintop movements that we find in the middle of our favorite movies. For example, Jack is standing behind Rose as she clings to the stern of the boat, watching the sunset.

The reality is that God doesn't always work like that. Yes, there are people with fantastic transformation stories that move hundreds to recommit themselves to Jesus. But there are also the quiet stories of faith and perseverance that lead others to wonder, "man, there's something different about him that's so undeniable," which causes people to want to know more.

 

That's why it's so important to remember how God has been faithful to us in the past. Remember what Lamentations 3:22 - 23 says, "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him."

Not only does Evan Craft's song remind us that God is in complete control of everything that happens to us daily. He serves as a source of Protection-never allowing anything but obstacles that will help us develop a more spiritual perspective. Jesus sees the whole picture while we can't.

So whatever you are struggling with today, remember what Psalms 61: 1-3 has to say:

Hear my cry, O God;

listen to my prayer.

From the ends of the earth I call to you,

I call as my heart grows faint;

lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

For you have been my refuge,

a strong tower against the foe.

To listen to Evan Craft's "Be Alright," it can be accessed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NLnlPs-m58

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails