Monday, April 25, 2022

Music Monday: "God Is Good " by Francesca Battistelli

 Music Monday: "God Is Good " by Francesca Battistelli

 First off, let me send a big thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday in cyberspace and on Facebook. My birthday was relatively calm since not everyone could be around for my birthday. My brother and sister-in-law were on spring break and helping my niece Elizabeth compete in the world's robotics team in Texas. I'm sure it was a fantastic experience for her, and she is growing up so fast. Hard to believe she will be going off to college soon.

         You may have noticed a hairstyle change for those who have seen my latest video on Facebook. Instead of my peekaboo color, I decided to make the color a bit more obvious. What do you think?

         Anyway, it's hard to believe that my dad will be undergoing surgery in just a few days. He's had such a hard time dealing with the pain in his arm as he is not sleeping at night. I'm hoping the surgery will relieve his pain in the long term while creating a new pain in the short term. It can't be any worse than it already is!

         Here's hoping the personal assistant we hired works out. I'm concerned about her ability to lift because she is pretty tall and thin. But we'll see how things progress as training goes on. I can't help but feel it was meant to be because she happens to be my regular PA's sister, and Mia recommended her. I'm praying for a swift adjustment and easy transition; as much as I deal with change, my body still doesn't like it (tensing up with new people and such.)

That's why I thought Francesca Battistelli's song "God is good" fit my week's schedule perfectly; although my dad is undoubtedly going to have a long recovery, I know God will be with us through it all. As Christians, we probably heard Romans 8: 28 spoken over a hundred times in church but never really took the time to comprehend it; it is only in times of uncertainty and sadness that we grasp the power behind the words. Paul is encouraging the church in Rome to stand firm in their faith. (Keep in mind, he knows what he is talking about here- after spending several months in jail just for preaching the gospel). He knows what kind of opposition they may encounter in the future. But so does God.

Romans 8:28 - 31 says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

         I would like you to read the last paragraph repeatedly, emphasizing the words that are underlined and italicized. Did you see what I saw? Foreknew is only mentioned four other times in the New Testament. In all cases, it does not signify foreordained, but rather prescience and not preelection. According to Meyer, "it is God's being aware of His plan, by means of which, before the subjects are destined by Him to salvation, He knows whom He has to destine thereto."

 That being said, how are you seeing the glass today? Is it half-full or half-empty?

 If it looks half empty, I really encourage you to look up Psalms 30:5. Here's a preview: For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. When I felt secure, I said, "I will never be shaken."

It's all a matter of perspective.

 Take time out of today's busy schedule to look for God's handiwork in your life.

 I'm sure you will find it if you look hard enough…

 I certainly will!

 To listen to Francesca Battistelli's song, it can be accessed here:

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y13hPJgeDRs

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails