Monday, November 24, 2008

The meaning of Thanksgiving

Okay,


If I'm being completely honest, the meaning of Thanksgiving is kind of lost for me this year. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for my family and friends as well as the many other blessings God has bestowed upon me. It's just that this year I'm stuck in a place I'm not so familiar with. Both literally and metaphorically.



In spite of it all, I am reminded of God 's promises. They are actively at work in your lives as well as mine. Sometimes they're just difficult to recognize. Unlike humans, His promises are tried and true. On the other hand, human promises are easily broken or dismissed. That being said, believers try to stay stand firm in their faith, knowing that God is ultimately in control. This is not always a easy task; as a result, we sometimes get complacent, forgetting that sometimes we need to forcefully live by faith.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails