Monday, August 23, 2010

Operation pictures

BEFORE 




AFTER

As you can see by the pictures above, the surgery was successful in straightening my left arm to about a 90° angle. Now what that means in terms of function and ability we don't know yet. We won't really know until we see the full results after taking off the cast in September.

I still have a long way to go on this road towards recovery and independence. In all my surgeries, it's never been this difficult- with the pain, nausea and doubt. But God has seen me through it all, just as he has many times before. I have such wonderful family and friends that have stayed committed to me throughout the process with flowers, prayers and care.

With my upcoming months of therapy, I am still quite unsure about the process. But I am trying to remind myself who's ULTIMATELY in control. It's a hard thing, believe me

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails