Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Encouragement : Another song of the day

Dear Friends,

Over the past few weeks, I have learned a lot about perseverance and what a true commitment to God really looks like. Recently, my church did a sermon that caused me to re-examine the direction my life was going: the sermon was entitled "Recalculating" using the metaphor of a GPS as its focus. The main question, if memory serves, was something as follows: What will people remember about you 10 years after your death? That question really sinks to the bottom of the issue, who are you living for and does it in fact show in the markings of your daily life?

My dad has more notes written on the sermon, but that's all I could remember from memory. Still, it really makes someone wonder.. If I am truly the Christian I say I am, am I truly using the gifts to give God the glory in my life?

I'll be honest, it's hard to answer yes to that question all the time . But remember God is controlling all the events of the day and he prepared works for his faithful to do. That being said, I was reminded of an old gospel song by Steve Green "He who began a good work in you" based on scriptures (Philippians 1:6) and I thought I would pass this along.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNjZlHARnEk
Debbie

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails