Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas is in full swing now; "20/20" featuring the 7 wonders of the world

Massillon Okay,


My apologies for the tardiness of this post! I can hardly believe we have two weeks until Christmas arrives. This holiday season keeps me especially busy with Christmas shopping to do, letters to mail and presents to be wrapped. Not to mention, I have to think about training another night personal assistants. Here's hoping this one doesn't have trouble cooking, I'm getting tired of the microwavable meals. That being said, I may limit myself to two posts per week until things settle down. I find myself having little to say anyway.



I was watching TV last night and came across an interesting episode of "20/20". Now, I'm not a news critic, but this one highlighted The Seven Wonders of the World. What's so special about that, you may ask? Well, these seven wonders are not famous structures or landmarks, but people with unique talents. For example, meet a 10-year-old who sings like an angel, despite the tragedy of losing her mother to cancer, or women who see themselves as "mermaids" because of their unique ability to hold their breath for long periods of time underwater.



But today I would like to focus the story of Rohan Murphy. Born without legs as well as several other birth defects, he continues to defy the odds when it comes to reaching for the stars. It wasn't always easy, though.

"I really just didn't want to accept being disabled [growing up]," says Murphy.


At first, he admits to lashing out at people who asked about his disability. That is, until fellow coach and friend Ron Croteau stepped in asking him to be a sports team manager.
In time, Murphy realized that he was able to do more push-ups without his prosthetic legs. That's when he began wrestling.

What follows is an amazing story. For more information, you can see the video on ABC.com. Just click on 20/20 for Friday's episode

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails