Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Encouragement: Soul Surfer

Welcome back~

I know it's been a couple of weeks since my last post. I just haven't heard anything disability newsworthy as of late. That is, until a few days ago.. But first, I would like to extend my sympathies to those impacted by the tragedies in Japan. The country has sure been through a lot these days with the earthquake and the tsunami. Now they are being threatened by a possible nuclear plant explosion.

Times like these really make it clear how connected we truly are: not only as a society, but as a world as well. During these tough times, people are able to look beyond themselves and see the needs of others. They realize what's really important-faith and family and doing whatever they can to help.


On to the disability related part of this post, an upcoming movie features the inspirational story of surfer Bethany Hamilton. What's so special about Bethany, you may ask? For starters, the young girl survived an unthinkable shark attack and lived to talk about it. Not only that, she overcame great odds in order to surf again. You see, she sustained numerous injuries as a result-including but not limited to the loss of her arm.

The movie opens April 8th and I for one can't wait to see it

http://www.soulsurferthemovie.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,
I saw this trailer online. I wonder if you'd like to write a blog entry about it. I would like to know your thoughts on it.

http://www.certainproof.com/

Love ya and miss you,
Lauren

Related Posts with Thumbnails