Monday, May 2, 2011

Courageous: a Movie for All Fathers

Okay,
So I realize Father's Day is a long way off-what is it like in June or something? But I've been thinking about the role of parents in our life. Fathers specifically (although the title is not limited to certain responsibilities) provide us with a pretty good example of the reality of who God is. In other words, they love and accept us for who we are: not only that, they only want the best for us.

God is the same way. While it's true, humans will always have a propensity to sin and lose their way: Christians have the confidence in knowing God will always be with them. That isn't saying there won't be consequences for their mistakes. There almost always are. But God will welcome us back with open arms.

Lately, my dad has been a constant reminder of this godly example. I can't tell you exactly what's been going on with me lately, but most of it involves just feeling a insurmountable distance from God and not being able to climb it myself. But you know what they say... I think it's something like, "When You Feel Far Away from God, You Are The One That Moved"

It's so true!

On another note, I feel the need to feature a upcoming movie by Sherwood films. Many of you might remember me telling you about such movies as Fireproof and Facing the Giants. Well, they've done it again. This movie follows three firemen as they each struggle to learn what it means to be a father

Check their website out at:http://www.courageousthemovie.com/home

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails