Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Encouragement: New Year, New Chapter!

Hello Again, Friends ~



It's hard to believe that it's been almost a month since I had time to write on this blog. The truth is, our family had been through a lot during this time that writing here has been the furthest thing from my mind. Now that things have called down somewhat, though, I feel I owe you an explanation for my absence.



To begin with, there was the unexpected death of my sister-in-law's mother that reminded me how fragile life can be. Her example gives me yet another reason to believe that living a Christian life boldly has the capability to change the lives of the ones around you, but those of complete strangers. It also got me in touch with some classic hymns that I'd practically forgotten about from childhood; there's one in particular that come to mind. The title is: Because He Lives, Lyrics Written by Bill and Gloria Gaither. The chorus lyrics are as follows:



"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.



Because He lives, All fear is gone.



Because I know He holds the future,



And life is worth the living just because He lives."




Sometimes it's hard enough to remember that we don't control our situations; But God does. Well, the same goes for our future. God loves us so much that he's invested himself in you and me and what bigger sacrifice can there be than that? I'm just sayin'!



As many of you know, I'm also beginning a new chapter in my life as I have decided to rent an apartment with a friend of mine from church. The next few weeks will be an adjustment for me as I deal with new challenges both financially and emotionally. Still, I know God has some lessons for me to learn in terms of my independence otherwise he wouldn't have placed such an opportunity in my midst. Whatever happens, I will rest on the promises laid for me in this hymnal and Bible verses such as Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the plans I have for you.. To give you a future and a hope"



Anyhow, as I make such an adjustment over the next few days, please don't be disappointed if I don't write on here as often as I should-at least in the beginning anyway. You see, I'm not scheduled to have Internet until Tuesday of next week at my new place; but you can be sure that I will keep you updated on my new adventures. Being away from the blog this past week has taught me how lucky I am to have a voice in order to speak my mind despite having a disability. But let me explain why; along with being busy this week, I had a sickness that caused me to lose my voice..



As a result, I was not able to use my voice recognition software to write or use the computer. This experience gave me a glimpse of what it must have been like for people with disabilities with an high intelligence who were unable to use their hands. I am lucky that technology has made such advances to help people in my circumstance.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails