Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's day is for everyone!

Dear Readers,


Okay, so I know I'm one day late in writing this Valentine's Day post. But then again it's never too late to celebrate the message of love with all the special people in our lives. I've been thinking about this a lot lately; just because of the holiday itself-but because it's around this time I realize most of my friends are scattered around the globe.

Though it's been a difficult journey, my friends (both old and new) have always had my back. As I've said many times before, they have played instrumental roles in making me the person I am today. They're both supportive and accepting while spurring me on to grow in ways I never imagined; much in the same way as Paul mentored Timothy in the Bible.

Ironically, you'd think it had been an other way around- considering Paul's current situation (sitting in a jail cell, awaiting his final days). But instead he spent days writing a final letter to encourage him. He recalled seeing the same faith in Timothy as he had seen in generations before him (Timothy 's mother Eunice and grandmother Lois). Because of this, there is no doubt for Paul that it will be passed on. He does issue a warning, however, underlining the importance of keeping the passion going for the Ministry.

2 Timothy 6-8 says, "For this reasonI remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God."

Where am I going with all of this? Not only do we need relationships for fun and recreation, but we also need down to encourage our personal growth. So next time you wonder why God has placed someone in your life, he might just be challenging you...

PS. I love all my friends.. you know who you are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As iron sharpens iron ... (Proverbs 27:17)

Wheelchair Cushion Sage ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails