Monday, December 2, 2013

God Forbid


Greetings Readers~

This Sunday, one of our pastors preached on the story of The Prodigal Son and this song came to mind. If you have been reading my blog for a while now, you probably realized I struggle a lot in my life. Not only because of my disability, but with my faith as well. It's a constant battle to stand up for what I believe in and stay firm in it. Too often, Christians find themselves (myself included) comfortable in their walk with God. But that's not what causes the most spiritual growth and someone. It's remembering our past as sinners and God's ultimate sacrifice in spite of all we have done.

Like the Prodigal Son, we have each squandered our inheritance and come back expecting the worst. Instead, God doesn't give us what we deserve, but what he wants us to have. He restores us to himself and makes us each sons and daughters..

As Romans 5:8 says:

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

What then should be our response? Well, we should appreciate God, and be thankful for his unfailing love and grace towards us-
not thinking it's something that we deserve or should expect.. It's a gift from God!. Not because of our good deeds; we are, after all, sinful... No matter how high we like to think of ourselves

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails