Thursday, April 30, 2015

Mission Field

Dear Readers,

Wow, it's hard to believe a year since my last post  on  this disability blog. What can I say? Work has kept me busier than I ever imagined. I'm up at nine in the morning (usually) talking nonstop until lunch and then I take a break and resume until 5 PM. That's one busy day for a disabled person. Not that I mind of course. I'm actually using my writing talents and experiences improve the lives of people in similar circumstances

Still.

Wasn't that what was happening with this blog? Changing lives through my personal experiences as well as sharing articles of faith and disability. It's not like I had forgotten about this blog, I certainly hadn't. In fact, I came here every once in a while just to check on things and try to put pen to paper (or voice to computer- in my case.) Nothing. I wondered what this meant.


Until recently..

 Our church has been doing a sermon series "What's next?" It centers around the ministry of the disciples after Jesus ascends into heaven. (Acts 3) Even though He left them physically, Jesus equips them with the Holy Spirit and sends them out to make disciples. They each do this in a unexpected way- by meeting both the physical and spiritual needs of the people around them. This can be seen in the miracle of the lame beggar. Peter says to him in Acts 3:6- 10:

"Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk. Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man’s feet and ankles became strong. He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God.  When all the people saw him walking and praising God,  they recognized him as the same man who used to sit begging at the temple gate called Beautiful, and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him."



I guess what I'm trying to say is I got so busy with work that I forgot this unique "mission field". Here within the pages of this blog where I share articles of faith and personal experiences. It is here that I hope you find glimpses of God through my trials and triumphs. This is what I was originally called to do even before my job came along. Yes, originally this was to give potential employers a chance to look at my writing and see what I'm capable of doing but it quickly became so much more than that.

I just forgot for a while.

But I'm back now.

I may not post as frequently but if anyone is struggling and wants to talk, I'm available

in closing, show the people around you how much you care about them and if you believe show it. It might just make a world of difference!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails