Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Abilities Expo Experience

Welcome Back Readers~

This weekend I had the pleasure of going to the 2016 Abilities Expo. For those of you that are unfamiliar with this event, it highlights different technologies and resources meant to enhance and/or increase independence in the lives of people with disabilities.For instance, have you ever wondered what it would feel like to "run"? I certainly have..  Well, with the help of Ainsley's Angels, I have the opportunity to take part in marathon in which I wouldn't otherwise be able to. You see, the organization has volunteers in  Virginia as well as other parts of the country who will act as the feet of  those are unable to walk; therefore giving them an experience they will always remember- the ability to run with the breeze in your hair and the vibration of the ground beneath your feet.

For more information on this organization, please go to:

http://www.ainsleysangels.org/

Looking forward to "running" sometime soon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So have you signed up...when is the date!

Debbie said...

I have signed up for their newsletter that gives the dates of upcoming races. However, , I have not received the newsletter as of yet. I will let you guys know when anything happens!

Related Posts with Thumbnails