Saturday, February 11, 2017

I'm Not Ashamed: Official Movie Trailer (2016)


Welcome Back Everyone~
A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to watch "I'm Not Ashamed." This movie chronicled the life of Rachel Scott. Most people remember her for her faithful declaration of Jesus on April 20, 1999 during the Columbine High School massacre; what they don’t realize is the journey it took to get there. On the outside, she was a typical teenager who struggled to be a part of the “in” crowd at school while dealing with feelings of insecurity. Her parents felt they had no other choice but to send Rachel to her aunt’s for the summer; during which time, she had a spiritual breakthrough.
Back at home, Rachel feels conflicted. She tries to stay connected to her old friends while staying true to her newfound faith- it doesn’t work.
Still, the movie came to mind during a recent sermon from church. It centered on our eternal inheritance; In Luke 10:25, an expert tries to trip up Jesus by questioning his teachings. He asked, “…What must I do to inherit eternal life?” Instead of answering him out right, he turns the question back at him saying, ‘What is written in the Law?”’ he replied. ‘How do you read it?’ In other words, Jesus wonders about the expert’s interpretation and understanding of the Law. At first, he answers almost verbatim to that of the first commandment (as written in Mark 12: 12); In verse 27, the lawyer answers, “… Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”   The conversation continues with Jesus replying as follows, “You have answered correctly… Do this and you will live.”
The expert attempts to justify himself by inquiring further as to who exactly is his neighbor. This is where the parable of The Good Samaritan comes into play. What's  my point in using this as an example? Loving others isn’t always easy; many times we find ourselves outside our comfort zones. For Rachel, this meant putting her faith on  display several times on and before that fateful day in April. One instance  of love iin  action  is one she befriends Nathan,  a  homeless teenager  on  the streets and invites  him to  youth group.  Not  only  does  he  get a place  to stay,, but realizes  the importance of having only faith.
The next  sermon  focused on the  two  distinct perspectives Christians can  have  towards their  relationship  with Jesus-doing things  for Him versus Getting To Know Him  Intimately.  While  God appreciates  our showing  love towards  the community, he puts  greater value  on  our  personal relationship with  Him.  Why? For starters, it  gives  new meaning to our actions; we  understand and begin to see  things from God's perspective  rather than  our own. Don't get me wrong,  God values what  we do as long as it  is for the right reasons.  Take a look  at God's response  for supporting  evidence in Luke 10:41- 42
In short, I would highly recommend renting I'm Not Ashamed.  Although  the content is highly  thematic and suspenseful  (because of its Subject matter  and  PG rating). It is very inspirational and moving.
I have  included  the theatrical trailer below as  well as the  lyrics to Plumb''s Need You  Now (How  Many  Times)




Need  You Now (How Many Times)
by Plumb



Well, everybody's got a story to tell
And everybody's got a wound to be healed
I want to believe there's beauty here
'Cause oh, I get so tired of holding on
I can't let go, I can't move on
I want to believe there's meaning here

How many times have you heard me cry out
"God please take this?"
How many times have you given me strength to
Just keep breathing?
Oh I need you
God, I need you now

Standing on a road I didn't plan
Wondering how I got to where I am
I'm trying to hear that still small voice
I'm trying to hear above the noise

How many times have you heard me cry out
"God please take this?"
How many times have you given me strength to
Just keep breathing?
Oh I need you
God, I need you now

Though I walk,
Though I Walk through the shadows
And I, I am so afraid
Please stay, Please stay right beside me
With every single step I take

How many times have you heard me cry out?
And how many times have you given me strength?

How many times have you heard me cry out
"God please take this?"
How many times have you given me strength to
Just keep breathing?
Oh I need you
God, I need you now.

I need you now
Oh I need you
God, I need you now.
I need you now
I need you now

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails