Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Deaf Singer Gets Simon Cowell's GOLDEN BUZZER | Week 2 | America's Got T...


Welcome Back Readers~

Last night I was deeply touched by the story of Mandy Harvey on America's Got Talent. Studying to become a music teacher, Mandy developed a ear infection at age 18, which they later discovered was a connective tissue disorder. After learning that, she left school devastated that she would never say never again. Still,, the yearning to have her voice heard, lived on within her heart.. Now at age 29, she uses muscle memory and visual tuners to help her sing. "Music now isn't about the sound, it's about the feeling," she said. She continues, "It's not the dream that I always had, but tha okay because I showed up and I did something I never thought I could do." That reminded me of a quote from Soul Surfer, which is " The list of things have to relearn is extensive, but the things you won't be able to do are so small"

You go Mandy!
For more information on her story, go to

http://www.justjared.com/2017/06/06/deaf-singer-mandy-harvey-blows-agt-judges-away-gets-simon-cowells-golden-buzzer-video/

http://www.hearstrong.org/champion-mandy-harvey.php



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails