Wednesday, March 7, 2007

My Rules/ Quotable quotes

Welcome!
You probably noticed a routine in my entries by now. Over the weekend, I had decided to set some rules and regulations for myself while writing this blog.
Rule #1: New posts will be written every other day of the week. This means Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; there will always be something new from my readers. I wanted my readers both new and old to be able to depend on this blog if they are ever looking for new and interesting information pertaining to their disability.
Rule #2: Early Bird Catches the Worm-this one is primarily for my own information. Sometimes I may end up posting a post a day early or the night before, so it's here and ready for you when you need it. Ah, the wonders of draft mode!=)
Rule #3: Quality Versus Quantity- this is probably more of a comment than a rule. I created this for you my readers. I can't do much without your help and feedback. Yes, I can depend on my experiences to write an entry. But I won't really know if that helps you unless I get feedback. I've created this blog for you guys. You tell me what you want to learn, understand, and accomplish and I will do my best to help you with what ever I can. In that effort, I am going to try and compile everything I can about disabilities in television, magazines, and media. I don't want to get "burned out" trying to find information every day on disabilities that isn't useful. I want this to be informative as well and entertaining at the same time. That is yet another reason why I chose to write every other day.
Rule #4: At least once a week, I will have a "Encouragement Day" where I will post some encouraging words meant to inspire, motivate and stay true to yourself.
Finally, Rule #5: There are no dumb questions. I am pretty open when it comes to my disability, my life in my dreams. So feel free to e-mail me. Besides some of the personal questions, I would be happy to communicate with you through e-mail and talk.
------ -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Now that I've got that covered, let's get to the main event.. Can anyone guess what today's topic is?

If you guessed "Encouragement of the Day ", you're right. Looking back through history, there have been many people who have led courageous lives through adversity. Their positive attitudes and outspoken character have opened new doors and broken down barriers, getting us to where we are today. Take for example Helen Keller. I'm sure most of you are familiar with her story, but if you aren't feel free to go to "Helen Keller: Services for the Blind". Their website can be accessed by going to: http://www.helenkeller.org/graphicversion/bio.html

Below are a collection of her most inspirational quotes. I hope they inspire you as much as they did me. These quotes can be found in a variety of places just by searching for "inspirational quotes". However, the source I found to be most helpful was "The Quotations Page" where you can search for variety of authors. This website is:

http://www.quotationspage.com/

Words of Wisdom From Helen Keller

1. Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.

2. Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.

3. I do not want the peace which passeth understanding, I want the understanding which bringeth peace.

4. Many persons have the wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.

5. Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.

6. No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars or sailed an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.

7. One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.

8.When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.

9.When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.


10.Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never good in the world
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. - Eleanor Roosevelt

1 comment:

Nett said...

I stumbled onto your site while researching quotes for my speech tomorrow for audience of students with disabilites. Your site is very inspirational. Keep dreaming! God Bless!

Related Posts with Thumbnails