Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wheelchair Changes

Okay,

So it just occurred to me that I forgot to tell you about one of the biggest changes in my life since Christmas. It's pretty important, since it allows me to get around more independently. You see, I recently got head controls. This is life altering for me since over the years I have noticed a increase in tightness in my arms. The tightness makes it pretty impossible for me to do anything these days.

Anyway, now I can go anywhere simply by moving my head. I have used this technology before, except it was not this advanced. Now the technology involves sensors so I don't have to press all the way back to go forward, left or right. I can also switch gears and speed simply by pressing a button placed behind my left elbow. In reverse, I turn off my chair by a button behind my right elbow.

Any questions?

Let me know.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails