Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Front of The Class critique

Hi everyone,

I hope that you had a chance to watch the Hallmark Hall of Fame movie I mentioned earlier. They've always done great work, and Sunday was no exception. Whatever the storyline, the directors and producers stick to what's important- the heart. Watching Front of The Class once again reminded me how blessed I am to have a disability. Now that's not easy to say everyday.. But like Brad says, a disability can be your best teacher. He's right though. The most valuable lessons aren't learned in the classroom, they're learned through living life.


I'll be perfectly honest, I didn't really understand Tourette's syndrome that much. I mean, I knew about the ticks and everything, but didn't quite "understand". The movie accurately depicts realistic questions such as Are the ticks controllable as well as many others. They are openly honest about the common misconceptions of this neurological disease.

In the words of his students as he received an award for Sallie Mae's first year Teacher of the Year,

Tourette's syndrome taught him to...

1. "Keep going"

2. "Not to let it stop you"

3. "Not to let it win". (By that, he means his Tourette's [or any disability ] for that matter)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails