Monday, January 12, 2009

Blast from the past

Okay,

So I forgot to post Friday, I'm sorry. I know I posted for Wednesday late. But I figure it is better to start the week fresh.

Anyway, I received an amazing e-mail from one of my readers last week. He reminded me once again why I write this blog-to inspire and encourage others. This e-mail proves that everyday is a opportunity for miracle if you are open to it and things do come full circle. Let me explain. When I first began to this blog, I focused on bringing information rather than experience to my reader. As a result, my primary source was the media. One of my first ideas was showing the impact of disabilities on TV. The first program I featured a young man named Cole. Despite having CP, Cole participates in karate. You can find my original post here:

http://alifewithoutlimitsrollinintothefuture.blogspot.com/2007/02/representation-of-disabilities-in-media.html

To make a long story short, someone who knows Cole e-mailed me. He is still doing great work on behalf of people with disabilities. He now blogs as well.

Get to know this remarkable young man at his blog:

http://www.colemassie.com/

1 comment:

Rich said...

Shucks, her I thought you was talking about me. LOL I know Cole, and yes he is doing well. It's because of him and his never give up, there is always a way attitude that got me to start my own blog about my vision disability.

And seek help from local groups to overcome travel fear as a visually disabled person. Cole has inspired so many, and has really helped me look at my life differently.

I wish TLC would do an update show on all these kids. Sadly the show was never even released on DVD. But Cole's mom was nice enough to send me a DVR.

I admire you and your blog, like Cole... People DO read what others have to say... Speak your mind, people WILL listen. You never know who you may help!

Related Posts with Thumbnails