Monday, January 5, 2009

New version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking

Okay,
As I sit down to write my second post of the new year, I am once again hit with a overwhelming sense of irony. For my longtime readers, you may remember where I'm coming from when I reveal today's topic-Dragon NaturallySpeaking. That's right, it was one of the first topics on Rollin' Into the Future. I am coming back to the topic now because Nuance came out with a new version of the software in August. I'm sorry for my late report of the application, but, as you know, I've had a lot on my plate since the move.

Overall, the new version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking (Version 10) is pretty much the same as older versions. The company has tried to make several improvements, such as adding a "search the web" command. This command allows you to search the web simply by voice; no more opening Internet Explorer and typing in the search terms.

While these improvements are welcomed, I have noticed slight dictation difficulties. For example, there is an option to upgrade your voice files with the new version. That doesn't always work out as planned. I tried doing that for a couple days but my accuracy was really good until I went through quick training

All in all, I really haven't noticed any drastic improvements.

This is where the age-old saying "why fix what not broken" comes into play.

2 comments:

Ellen Seidman said...

Thanks again for stopping by my blog, Debbie. I am glad you found Max! It is wonderful to have you on the blog, I'm sure you'll add a lot to it.

Rich said...

I used this program WAY back, may have been version 3 or 4, when I was in school. Still one of the best Speech to Text programs ever made.

Related Posts with Thumbnails