Friday, June 25, 2010

Memories

Hey Folks ~
So, it's Friday again and I'm gearing up for my two-week adventure with my family. We will be renting a cabin and reminiscing about the good old times. Maybe seeing a few friends along the way! For that reason, I am feeling quite nostalgic today.
I was sorting through e-mails of disability alerts when I was reminded of my early days at the Del Ray Center. This center provided information and schooling for those with disabilities and their parents. It was there that I found my voice and developed my social skills. My favorite game was when all my friends would pretend to be asleep until someone would say the magic words.. "wake up"
Sounds silly, I know; but looking back that request sort of prepared me for what I am doing today- using my words to reach others through the computer all with the power of my voice!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails