Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Open Dialogue

Welcome Back Readers~

As I'm sure you guys have noticed, I haven't been writing with the same zeal that I had after my surgery. The same feelings I had are beginning to make their way back in my life and I am beginning to wonder whether I was blaming the medication because it was easier to do that than to face the deeper issues. Anyway, I am still struggling to find the truth behind these questions. As a result, you can imagine how difficult praying has become for me lately. Don't get me wrong, I know God will listen to me, no matter what I say to him because God not only cares for me but He wants the best for me. A good friend once told me," just keep the dialogue open, He just wants to hear from you." That's such good advice, however. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to say to Him. That being said, I keep my eyes on them promise of Jeremiah 29:11, which says: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (NIV)

This is a promise from the Lord himself to every Christian living in today's uncertain times: in light of Virginia's recent earthquake, it's a message. I will continue to cling to.. Because in the end, my friend, that's all we have!

I came across this blog while trying to figure out what to say about prayer because that was the topic on my heart today. Originally it was going to be verses on prayer but as you can see it turned out to be something completely different. Anyway, the blog belongs to the cast of Courageous, a movie that hopes to bring new honor when it comes to being a Christian father in today's society. In short, the website will be spending the next 30 days not only praying for movie, but asking others to join them in praying courageously for a change.. For more information on the movement, please go to the following URL: http://www.courageousthemovie.com/blog/2011/08/40-days-of-courageous-prayers/

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails