Thursday, November 2, 2017

Wonder (2017 Movie) Official Trailer #2 - “Brand New Eyes” – Julia Rober...

Welcome Back Guys

I'm really looking forward to this movie which highlights the struggles of mainstreaming people with disabilities into public schools. Based on the New York bestseller, this movie follows August Pullman as he struggles to  fit in on his first day of middle school; it's kind of hard though seeing as he was born with facial  deformities that cause him to stand out in the crowd. This movie features an outstanding cast of Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson,Jacob Tremblay, Mandy Patinkin, Daveed Diggs, and Izabela Vidovic. it shows how one extraordinary boy with "special" needs can give more to his community then they can only imagine if given a chance. The movie hits theaters November 17th!

I find myself relating a lot to the topics of this book as I read it; I distinctly remember people staring at me as I drove my wheelchair up and down the halls using my head controls. I also really appreciate how the author takes the time to write from the different perspectives of the family members: August himself and then his sister as well as his parents. It gives a honest portrayal of how a disability impacts the family as a whole and not just the individual. I would recommend it for children and adults alike..



For more information about the movie and/or book, please go to:

http://www.wonder.movie/
https://www.facebook.com/WonderTheMovie
http://rjpalacio.com/

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails