Monday, January 24, 2022

Music Monday: "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield by Debbie

Music Monday: "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield by Debbie

 

As I pondered my next song choice, I came across this upbeat tune by Natasha Bedingfield. Okay, so it happens to date me- being that it shows how old I am and reminds me of one of my favorite movies during my teen and college years -the Sisterhood of The traveling pants I & II. For those unfamiliar, these movies chronicle the lives of four friends, each from various walks of life. In the first movie, they come across a pair of jeans that miraculously fit them all! So, as the friends go off to different locations this summer, they plan to share them through the mail.

 

Being a writer, I can relate to the idea of a blank page. Because in reality, that's what we truly are – a part of God's marvelous creation. We are made in God's what's own image; unfortunately, though, because of sin, that image is tarnished. It is only when we accept Jesus and God's gift of grace that we can be reconciled with him - transforming our lives forever.

 

By accepting Jesus as our Savior, we now serve as beacons of light and hope to those around us. We have a responsibility and duty to use our gifts and talents to shine God's light into a fallen world-doing good wherever we can.

 Ephesians 2:10 reiterates our purpose, stating, "For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared for us in to do." (NIV)

 

Many people grow up believing that Christians have an easy life; I will be the first to assure you that that's not true. Becoming a Christian doesn't mean we will have a perfect life; it just means that we aren't alone and have a companion on this journey called "life." After all, we still live in a fallen world and are prone to revert to our sinful habits; as Natasha's lyrics reverberate, we are conditioned not to make mistakes, but I can't live that way…."

So if you're looking for another uplifting song to start your week off on the right foot, I would look no further.

Natasha Bedingfield's video of "Unwritten" can be accessed here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7k0a5hYnSI

not https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqjc24xkaGw 
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails