Monday, March 17, 2008

Starting young

Well,
It's been a difficult week, full of personal struggles and family difficulties. But I couldn't let that keep me from posting. Personally, I don't know what to say after everything I have been through, so I am going straight to my post topic.

Growing up, a lot of people don't know how to deal with people with disabilities . They don't know what to do or how it act around the disabled community. I think a lot of this comes from the way that people have grown up and the way they have been taught .

I came across this blog which highlights a book for young children talking about being paralyzed. This story deals head on with the stereotypes they may have. Some of these include thinking that we are helpless and can't do anything by ourselves.

Check it out

http://cedir.blogspot.com/2008/03/aunt-katies-visit.html

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails