Monday, May 5, 2008

The sparrow

Pop quiz..

Do these words sound familiar?

"I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free. For His eye is on the sparrow and I know he watches me."

This popular refrain as well as complete song was written by Civilla D. Martin in 1905. That song as well and many others remains a constant source of hope and strength for Christians today. Looking further, the lyrics bear a strong resemblance to that of Matthew 10: 29. In this verse, Christians are reminded that nothing happens without God's permission- that's what makes him sovereign. On a personal level, this weekend has taught me that simple lesson. I'm still trying to comprehend why things are happening the way they are, and why I'm reacting to them the way I am. As the result, I think I am going to take a few days to sit back and reflect on my life.

So please don't worry..

You can also go to http://library.timelesstruths.org/music/_/Martin_Civilla_D/?sortby=author
to find other inspirational songs

God go with you,
Debbie.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails