Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Encouragement: The Desires Of a Young Heart

Okay,


So my last post made it pretty obvious to me (as I'm sure it do to you) that I had a fabulous cruise with my friend. Although at times it left me tired and frustrated, I wouldn't have changed a thing. I met some amazing people on the Carnival Pride. Soon, it was back to reality though. I was once again reminded how much energy it took me to get through everyday. The training, having the patience to deal with my personal assistant. This was- and always will be - a part of my life. While surfing the web today, I decided to check on the recent updates of one of my role models, Joni Erickson Tada. Boy, am I glad I did.

Joni may be best known for her motivational speaking and radio shows. But, she should be recognized for her use of other people's stories to show the reality of the the glory of God. That's the main goal of her television program Joni And Friends. In one past episode, she features in the life of Renee Bondi- a woman paralyzed by accident after falling from her bed. Despite all this, she married her fiancé and had a son by natural childbirth. Doctors even told her she may never be able to sing again, but here she sits singing the praises of God everyday. Like me, she has the desires of every woman- to be married and with child someday. Like me, she asks God for the patience to deal with complete strangers everyday.

Hear her story story in her own words at:http://www.joniandfriendstv.org/

It's under Yours for A Song

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails