Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Encouragement: Just Be Yourself

Welcome Back~

Over the years, I continue to be amazed at how much God has blessed me in my life. All too often, people go through their life wondering what their to do in this world. I am very grateful that God allowed my gift for writing to surface right away; that way, I was able to harness my craft as well as see my personal growth through it all. I am not the only person to be blessed with this gift. A recent article highlights the remarkable story of a 12-year-old boy with cerebral palsy who undergoes art therapy. During this process, not only does he discover a God given talent, but realizes the importance of being yourself.

A basic note:Typical art therapy consists of a therapist helping the patient maneuver through the strokes and movements required to complete the drawing. The trouble with this is the therapist finds themselves doing most of the work, while the patient is along for the ride!

Take a look at this story here: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09204/985720-58.stm?cmpid=news.xml

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails