Monday, April 26, 2010

Birthday adventures and glee article

Welcome Back Readers~

Well, it's official! I turned 30 last week. To be honest, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it. I don't feel old; a really don't. Anyway, I had a wonderful birthday full of unexpected surprises. Probably one of my most memorable birthdays to date. As previously written, one of my best friends and roommate from the old apartment in Michigan came to visit. We had a high old time going to movies, shopping, and just plain hanging out! I'm impressed to see how much she has accomplished since I left. She's going back to school herself for a degree in technology and making waves in other areas of her life as well.. Kind of makes me wonder where my life is heading, but I am excited to find out.

I will have admit sometimes I do wonder what would have happened if I would have had the courage to stay in Michigan by myself. Would I be more independent? Would I still be living with rondalyn? Would I be dating? These are questions that I will never know the answers too; but they stick with me a lot most days... Anyway, I don't live in what if 's. Thanks for listening to my thoughts for the day.

Onto today post, you've heard me discuss the topic of disability in regards to the TV show "Glee". Well, I came across an interview with actress Lauren Potter. Lauren plays Becky Jackson, a student with down syndrome who joined the cheerleading squad.
Http://www.disabilityscoop.com/2010/04/12/lauren-potter-glee/7618/

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails