Friday, April 16, 2010

Diet may have a bigger impact on Alzheimer's then we first thought

Dear readers,


it's that time of the week- Friday. But not just any Friday; the Friday before my birthday. Not only am I exhausted from a stressful week, but I'm anxiously awaiting a visit from a friend. That being said, I'm not quite sure how much time I will be in my computer next week. Anyway, onto today's post. Recently, I came across a news segment regarding the link between a person's dietary habits and the likelihood of getting Alzheimer's disease. According to research, a Mediterranean diet rich in fish and olive and low in red meat and saturated fats may reduce the risk of the disease and some people. Key nutrients such as monounsaturated fats, Omega 3 and six fatty acids, vitamins E., B12 and folate can be found in such a diet. What kind of food has these nutrients, you may ask?

Nuts, olive oil based salad dressings, fish, and dark green and leafy vegetables are just a few items on the list,




-- --
Citation for TV Program: "Health Alert " Fox channel 5 WTTG DC, News at 5 pm, April 14, 2010.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails