Monday, May 31, 2010

Sixth grader May Be Blind, but He Still Has His Vision

Hey Guys,



Happy Memorial Day. I hope everyone has enjoyed a three day weekend as much as I have. It was certainly jampacked with a lot of surprise visits from people in our family's past. It was nice seeing them and being able to catch up. As a matter of fact, I'm writing Monday's post early so that I don't have to worry about getting to the computer. Dad's got the day off, it looks like we are going to have a family barbecue. Hopefully, it doesn't rain.



Anyway, I came across an interesting new segment on Friday that I thought might interest you guys. It featured the amazing story of 12 year old Bjorn Brooks; Suffering from a degenerative disorder called retinitis pigmentosa, he is using his blindness to create awareness for the disease. Recently, Brooks has begun organizing a walk at his school to raise funds for the organization. The ultimate prize: a lunch with well-known musician, Genuine!


In terms of a cure, Bjorn sees one in the future.


"As long as you hope, something good will happen," he says.


Things weren't always this easy though. It wasn't until this year that he really took hold of his disability and turned it into something positive.


"A positive attitude makes a good person; so I just figure if I have it, I have it. Don't mope!"


Inspirational words, huh?


-- -- --



Citation for TV Program: News Segment Fox channel 5 WTTG DC, News at 5 pm, May 28, 2010.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails