Monday, November 15, 2010

The beginning of another week..

Well friends~

It's the beginning of another week and while I should be refreshed-I feel like I'm just hanging on. The strange thing is, I had a wonderful weekend with my family. On Saturday my mom decided to take some time out for her self and get a manicure and pedicure while dad and I ran a few errands. Now I'm not much for shopping especially when it comes to buying tire gauges to check our wheel pressure for the Van, etc.. But I did manage to make the best of it by asking to go to go out to lunch and the paper store, I can't think of its name right now. I needed to get computer paper as well as I happened to come across some cool Christmas cards and stationery for the upcoming year.





It's been a busy couple of months lately and I'm excited to share my accomplishments with everyone; although, many may already know about. The road to drive my wheelchair r has certainly been a long and difficult journey, altogether, we calculated it's been at least nine years since I've been able to drive myself. So, yes it's a big accomplishment! But still, why do I find it so hard to be happy? I mean, I'm so grateful to God that this finally happened, but I don't know. It's like I've changed somehow.



As humans, we have a tendency to try and fill such voids of sadness with material things. (mine is shopping,) But it never works. The impact of shopping is only temporary and only serves as an band aid. The only real cure for these feelings of inadequacy and loneliness is a closer walk with Jesus Christ. This involves being honest with oneself and admitting your true feelings. That's the part I have trouble with some times because I have a habit of dismissing them until it's too late.



Anyway, it's been a lot like that lately for me. For that reason, I was surprised when I went to church and I got emotional. The worship team at my church followed a new arraignment to a classic hymn, "It Is Well With My Soul". I have included the YouTube link here:


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails