Monday, November 1, 2010

Personal reflection: two steps forward, one step back

Dear Readers & Friends:


It's been approximately three months since my surgery: since then, I have seen positive outcomes of my left arm. (an increase my range as well as beginning to to using my joystick) Lately, though, I can't help but feel my progress is slowing. Not only do I have what feels like electric pulses going through my arm on a daily basis, but it has become increasingly difficult for me to wear my night splint at night. But still, I persevere. Doctors told me to expect that eventually my arm would want to return to their original position, I can only assume that's what's my muscles are trying to accomplish. I know I probably have nothing to worry about since I'm going to therapy and doing practically everything I'm told and more..

I've come so far and I don't want to think about going back. It's just hard feeling things you haven't been accustomed to and not knowing what they mean. Either way, I will bring it up with the OT when I see her on Wednesday.

Until then please keep me in your prayers.

Debbie

PS. I'm sorry if I worried any of my readers by writing this, but I just needed to get my feelings off my chest. Acknowledge them and I hoped that I would feel better
It's just weird, when you know your arm didn't feel like this at the beginning

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails