Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Encouragement: Proof That People can get Through Just About Anything

Hey everyone,


Another day, another post. Contrary to my previous post, things ended up working for me and the apartment. It's mine for eight months at least. That is, if everything works out like it should. I plan on moving in by the middle of November. So I'm excited. My own place, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. Anyway, I'm sure I will have more about my apartment as I undergo the transition. Not much is going to change though, considering my place is only about 10 minutes away from my parent's house.


On to today's post, a post of encouragement. As I have gotten back into the habit of writing for this blog, I find it easier to highlight the good in the world rather than the bad things that can (and sometimes do) happen. That being said, here's a story that proves people can get through just about anything. This remarkable story of faith and heroism was first featured on last Sunday's episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. The family chosen for the episode: the Brown's. In short, this family of four overcame the impossible when their house catches on fire. With everyone inside the house, Fred, the oldest son rushes to ensure everyone's safety. Unfortunately, Gloria, his mother is stuck inside and ends up sustaining severe burns on her chest before he is able to rescue her. Luckily, they all make it out alive.

Left with virtually nothing, the family is forced to start over in a rental house just a block and a half from where he used to live. Their old house is in shambles. Despite all the hardships they have faced, the family still takes time out to came back to their community.


"That's what it's all about. It's not about us that much; it's about the other person. It's about giving from your heart.." said Gloria

Ty Pennington, the team leader of the project summed the rebuilding of the house as a endng to their very long journey.


"I think this week for us is about knowing you're doing something for someone who's lost everything, but never really given up hope. Life is a path and these guys have had way too many obstacles thrown in their way. We have to rebuild from scratch.."



During the show, the family was able to go on vacation and visit some of the "Dancing with The Stars" cast. As they watched their old home get demolished on video, Gloria was glad for the fresh start.


"I saw that they rocked that house. I said, thank God it's over. All of the bad memories are gone."






-- -- --

Citation:


Citation for TV Program: "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" , . ABC channel 7 WXYZ Detroit, at 8 pm, October 14, 2007

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails