Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Birthday reflections

Well,

It's hard to believe but in less than a week I will be 28 years old. In those 28 years, I have accomplished a lot. Graduating from college, getting a job, and living on my own just to name a
few. For some, this may seem like small little feats. But it's really not. As part of the disabled community, we consider even the simplest hurdles accomplishments.
I have learned to take each day as it comes, often considering it for the lessons they can teach me . These lessons were invaluable to me in so many ways. They have helped me to develop in both a personal (emotionally, and as a individual) and professional level. Professionally, I hope I can have the opportunity to share what I have learned with others in my situation; my way of giving people hope that anything is possible.
It is not without a little fear that I approach the next year of my life. After all, it looks like I will be moving with my family to Virginia. With that, brings obvious changes- a new home, new friends . But it also brings new opportunities. From the beginning, I have told my readers I am not the best when it comes to change. That part of me hasn't changed and I don't think it ever will. I have minor concerns about moving; after all, it was here that I spent a majority of my life. (I don't know about you, but I consider the later years important ones). It is then that you began to figure and what you want in life. At least that's what happened with me. Still, I am believing this will be the best thing for all of us.
Although, fear can be a good thing in the end. It can push you to do things you never expected it you would do and take you to new heights. It just depends on how you look at life. Will the glass be half full or half empty. You can decide. It also can show you where your dependence lies- is it based on faith or security? I will admit, I'm not perfect. I do have personal goals that have yet to be met. And that, in itself, scares me. As humans, we tend to evaluate ourselves. By our own standards and the standards of the world. We forget what really matters. Loving people and passing on the lessons we have learned to them
In the future, I hope to have accomplished most of my personal goals and have a family while continuing my passion for writing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails