Friday, April 11, 2008

Jampacked post.

Okay,


So, it has been a long and busy week. As you probably have noticed, I changed the first song to my playlist.com list. It now is: What Are You Waiting for by Natalie Grant. Surprisingly, I hadn't heard this song up until now. I think it pretty much sums up what people are trying to do these days by changing the world through positive outlets like Idol Gives Back. Like I suspected, the turnout was great. At last count,(Ryan Seacrest reported this tonight on American Idol) donations amounted to over 66 million. You still can make a difference though. Some of the clips from the show are still on sale. Many of them have made the top of the iTunes list.


The song really sums up what I am trying to do with this blog. Change the world one person at a time. If there is one thing, I hope you take from here it's that you never know how far one positive action can reach. So, please don't ever think or doubt your purpose in this world. You are here for something or someone special. Live your purpose out and see where it takes you. You never know what God has planned- and God has a plan for everyone.


Anyway, a lot of interesting shows are coming up during the next couple weeks. The first being a encore of Profoundly Normal. I have featured this movie in a previous post. It's entitled, oddly enough, Profoundly Normal. Starring Kristy Alley, this drama- documentary profiles the life of a disabled couple trying to make their way in this world. To catch this encore showing, watch Lifetime on Friday. Check your listings for time and channel, because it could be different than mine


Next, we have a chilling tale of what happens when a family is forced to deal with a newborn's disability. The movie is called The Memory Keeper's Daughter. Based on the best-selling book by Kim Edwards, you will be surprised how one choice can change the lives of so many others. In both good and bad ways. This movie can also be seen on lifetime, premiering Saturday April 12. Again, check local listings for the exact time.


Finally, Hallmark Hall of Fame has done again. Their newest movie entitled, Sweet Nothings in My Ear attempts to conquer the question of what is a disability and should we fix it if we could. This movie airs on Sunday, April 20 on CBS

I'm not really sure how to end this post. Usually, I just end it and that's that. But as always, I have been affected by everything that has occurred in my life this week. So, I will leave you with this. God loves you. You can make a difference no matter where are.

God bless you.

Debbie

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails