Saturday, October 18, 2008

Back on track

Everyone,


I realize it's been a while. Since returning from vacation, I have been relaxing a lot more. I really haven't come across anything disability news worthy until now. I hope that changes soon, but for now I am going to try and put the enjoyment back in writing for this blog. I'm not making any promises though. It would help me a lot if my readers would point me in the right direction to some interesting articles.


This recent disability story should hold you excited readers until Monday. In Rockville Maryland, a new park was dedicated to the memory of Mattie Stepanek. This young man was well known for his inspiring poetry and writing skills. Although diagnosed with muscular dystrophy, he didn't let that stop him from being a peace maker to all he came in contact with. Even though he died in 2004, his memory still lives on.


On a personal note, I think this story was meant to be shared because I just happened to be watching the news and that came on. I have many of Mattie's books and they are inspiring. He was such a wise and courageous young man with so many lessons to teach. To read more about his story, here are three websites to get you started:



http://www.mattieonline.com/
http://www.myhero.com/myhero/hero.asp?hero=mattiestepanek
http://www.wowzone.com/mattie.htm



-- -- --



Citation for TV Program: "Fox 5 News at 6" News segment, . Fox channel 5 WTTG Washington, News at 6:00: pm, October 18, 2008

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails