Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Encouragement: Blindness not a factor for martial arts participant

Hey Guys~

Okay, so the Botox injections went well. I ended up getting six injections in my left arm and two in my right. It will take two weeks until we see the maximum results they will have. But I am hopeful. Right now, my arms ache and are a little weak ; as a result, I am posting a little early and shorter this Wednesday. You may remember I posted about Cole Massie earlier this month. Cole is a young man with CP that participates in karate despite his disability. Well, recently, his Judo friend Sensei Rich also made the news.

Read more of his amazing story, also overcoming being legally blind http://www.pottstownmercury.com/articles/2009/02/23/news/srv00000%20ease%20than%2004753462.txt

--- --
*After posting this article, sensei Rich pointed out some corrections. Rich participates in judo, not karate. He is also legally blind with Congenital Nystagmus, not totally blind. Judo is a recognized Paralympic and Olympic sport. I am sorry for the misrepresentations previously, I wasn't really feeling that great

1 comment:

Rich said...

No problem Debbie... Thank you for the corrections... Especially dealing with some one who can't see, judo is very very different from karate. - And I just didn't want to upset Cole, I'm not his sensei, just a very good friend. :-)

Thanks for the highlight...!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails