Thursday, April 23, 2009

Changing it up!

Okay,


Since it is the week of my birthday (or it was), I have decided to change things up a little. I still have some catching up to do with my posts, but I figured if I followed my pattern of writing on Tuesday, I should probably finish the week out by writing on Thursday. That being said, I will only write twice this week.

Today's post is going to be a short one. There has been a lot of buzz going around about a recent commercial put out by the Dove company. This newest one portrays the daily struggles of a wheelchair bound person getting ready to go out. On the other hand, a able-bodied person struggles with self-esteem issues. The tagline, Self-Esteem: a man-made disability. A lot of people are outraged by this commercial. Personally, I can see both sides of the debate. Some might say that they are making light of disabilities, putting them alongside able-bodied people with their own personal issues. Maybe it's just me, but I feel as if they are trying to bridge the gap between us as a society-saying that we're not that much different than everybody else. One could also remember that the Dove company provides self-esteem workshops for young girls, so maybe that's what they are trying to promote..

That's my take !

Judge for yourself..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9BA8mCGkNA

By the Way, if anyone can tell me how to embed videos directly onto the site. I would be very grateful.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails