Friday, May 8, 2009

All a Matter of Perspective

Well,



It's that time again -the weekend. I don't know about you but I'm looking forward to it. Recent reports predict good weather, so I'm hopeful. But you never know. Still, my youngest niece is celebrating her first birthday Sunday; so, it should be a fun time.



Today, I came across an interesting website relating to people with disabilities. The author of Perspective Is Everything: Living with A Disability-What a Blessing examines the unique power that words can have in describing a person with a disability. Too often we struggle with what is politically correct an American society. How should we characterize someone who is different from us? It's a difficult question to answer, but Michael Gerber puts it in the way I have never heard before. I think you will be enlightened

Http://mgerber.blogspot.com/2009/05/watch-your-language.html

1 comment:

Christel said...

That post was very interesting. It totally is perspective. Thanks for a good reminder!

Related Posts with Thumbnails