Monday, August 10, 2009

Been kind of out of it this month.

Okay,

So I will do to admit that I have been kind of out of it this month. I just didn't feel like putting on a show that everything was okay when it wasn't. I've had a number of health issues distracting my time. Without going into details, things don't seem to be "processing" directly in my stomach ; part of me wonders whether these problems are disability related. Anyone else having the same type of problem? Just wondered. Anyway, I'm going to the doctor soon enough- I have an appointment next week.

Still, life is good. Or at least that's the way I'm trying to look at things this week. I had a few interesting opportunities come my way.

Anyway, a lot has been said lately about the use of stem cells to help treat people with cerebral palsy. Personally, I don't know whether I agree with the treatment or not; my opinion depends on exactly WHERE and HOW the cells are collected. Still, one can't deny the impact it has had on those willing to try the therapy. One of those even being a writer of TO THE MAX. I haven't heard any updates as to his progress.

Since it's such a controversial issue, I thought I would post this article.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Parents39-delight-at-transformation-in.5535869.jp

What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never had stomach problems related to my cerebral palsy myself. As for the article on Harvey, my gosh how far research has come in the last twenty years!

As controversial as it may be, it is always wonderful to see progress made in helping ease peoples suffering.

Related Posts with Thumbnails