Monday, February 15, 2010

Opening of the Winter Olympics last week

Welcome back,

Okay, so I used be more into the Winter Olympics then I am today. It's probably because all of my old favorites have turned professional in their winter sports or have retired to move on in their lives. Not that I blame them though of course. That being said, I was upset like most people when I heard of the tragedy from Vancouver. But in the tradition of the Olympics, the athletes stayed strong and continue in their games.

On another note, I was surprised to find out that Paralympic athlete Rick Hansen was chosen to carry the torch into the opening ceremonies. What a unique choice; a great way to show the diversity among people. I tried to find a full clip of the Rick Hansen making his entrance. But I couldn't find one; this is the best I can come up with...
http://vimeo.com/9345077

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails