Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Encouragement: Amazing People Doing Amazing Things, Despite Their Disability

Hello everyone,


I'm sorry if yesterday's post was in any way offensive to my readers. I had just heard a lot about the article in recent news media and figured something had to be said. Living with a disability is not as bad as the survey makes it out to be. Sure, a disability can make things difficult; but that's a big part of life. It can help you build character and make you look at yourself in a totally different light.


As promised, I have decided to highlight some of my favorite people who are out there in the world doing amazing things despite their disability. The first two of which is Joni Erickson Tada. I'm sure many of you have heard me mention her before, that's because she has been such an inspiration to me. To make a long story short, Joni was paralyzed in a diving accident. Despite the paralysis, she continues to serve as a positive role model throughout her community and around the globe. She speaks to thousands as a motivational speaker, using her disability to point out the real source of life, Jesus Christ. She also travels the world supplying undeveloped countries with wheelchairs.

For more information on her other missions, you can see some of my previous posts at:

Http://alifewithoutlimitsrollinintothefuture.blogspot.com/2007/02/encouragement-of-day.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with having an opinion. It didn't offend me. Keep on writing. I love watching your blog.

Will H.
eAdvocacy/eCommunications Coordinator
United Cerebral Palsy
http://ucpeople.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails