Monday, July 7, 2008

Jesus Christ is in everything

Okay,

So it's a Sunday and I couldn't help writing a post early. I feel like I should have gone to church today, but I can't. We don't have a church here yet; I know at some point we will though. That's good because I need somewhere to belong right now. I thought about this yesterday while reading a blog of my friends and trying to catch up on the hundreds of e-mails I had.

One of the earlier blog posts caught my attention. It was "Finding Jesus Christ in Cerebral Palsy ." That is a very bold statement. It's not a statement really but a declaration. The author continues by saying that as he got older he began to stop wishing to be healed and saw his circumstance for what it was.. a gift from God. Using 2nd Corinthians 12:7-10, he supports his assertions by saying every circumstance - even his disability- is a unique experience that is meant to bring glory to God. That struck me. I had always been told that while I was growing up. I believe that too; it's just that as you get older, the world tries to get a hold of you. It's a constant struggle to remain focused. Another verse that pertains to this topic is 2nd Corinthians 12:9 which says,

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Having said that, I am also reminded of an old college saying,: "... that in all things Christ must have preeminence ."


http://lifefaithdisability.wordpress.com/2008/06/28/christ-in-cerebral-palsy/

1 comment:

XAgirl said...

I did a blogsearch on disabilities and one of the results was your blog. I am glad to hear of another person with a disability who is in love with Jesus. A verse that has helped me cope with my spina bifida and all that it entails is John 9:3.

Related Posts with Thumbnails